Huntersville Elementary PTA
Welcome to Huntersville Elementary!
If this is your first year with us, please use this to help answer any questions you may have.
What time does school start?
- The second (and last) bell rings at 8am. Any child arriving after this time will need to be walked in to the office to receive a tardy slip for class. Please keep your child in the car until they are allowed in the building at 7:30am.
How do I get into the school?
- The blue double doors at the end of the covered walkway is the main entrance. Push the button labeled “Access” on the brick wall for assistance and to be allowed access into the building. Once inside, please visit the computer in the lobby to sign in and wear the name tag throughout the building. Please scan the barcode on your nametag upon leaving to properly sign out.
Where do I drop my child off/pick up in car rider line?
- Your child should be dropped off/picked up in the circular parking lot (the middle parking lot). The line will form in front of the gate in this parking lot and will extend out onto Sherwood, feeding through the lower lot near the gym. It usually backs up onto Sherwood Dr. Please do not drop your child off at the lower parking lot.
Can I walk up to the car rider line in the afternoon to get my child?
- No, there will be no children dismissed to parents/guardians that walk up to pick up children. Please wait in car rider line.
How can I track my child's bus?
- There is an app, Here Comes the Bus, that you can download. You will need your child’s student ID number, which is provided by your teacher. Please visit the CMS website for more information.
How do I check my child out early?
- Please come into the main double doors and visit the office door with the cards in the basket. These are tardy/early dismissal cards. Please fill out a new card with your child’s information including the sign in/out time if they have neither been tardy or dismissed early. Once this has been created for your child, you will find your child’s card for future tardies/early dismissals. Our wonderful office staff will check your driver’s license and call the teacher for early dismissal. Your child will be considered present for the full day only if checked out after 11:30am. The latest you may check your child out is 2:30pm. *Please note that children riding buses will never be considered tardy.
Where can I park during school hours?
-The best place to park is in the lower lot down by the gym. The upper lot spaces are reserved for staff. Buses use the upper lot "long" slots between 730-8am and 230-3pm.
May I come have lunch with my child?
- At this time, we cannot allow parents/family members to have lunch with their children.
How do I notify the school of my child’s allergies?
- Please notify the school nurse, Neri Thompson, as well as your child’s teacher. The classroom will have an allergy sign posted and there is special seating at lunch. Teachers are trained to use epi-pens.
What is the procedure for when my child is absent?
- Email your child’s teacher as well as Jenny Morton, in the office. Jenny’s email is email@example.com . Always include the name of your child’s homeroom teacher.
How does my child buy lunch?
- Students are being provided breakfast and lunch at "no charge" for the 2021-2022 school year.
How do I stay informed with what’s going on at HES?
- Once you are enrolled at HES, you will begin receiving our Parent Square communications. Our newsletters are sent on Sundays. Please check for these in your spam box if you aren’t receiving them. If you aren’t receiving your email, please email- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I take a tour of the school?
- At this time we are not offering school tours.
How do I communicate with teachers?
- You can communicate with teachers through Parent Square or email.
Do the classes have snack time?
- All classes will have a designated snack time. Snacks must be brought from home and comply with classroom specific guidelines. Water is allowed in spill proof water bottles.
Can I volunteer in my child’s classroom?
- Teachers or room parents will reach out with volunteer opportunities in the classroom. You will need to register as a CMS registered volunteer. Please visit http://www.cmsvolunteers.com to be approved.
How do I sign up to paint the school rock on my child’s birthday?
- You can sign up through our website HERE.
How can I be involved at school?
- Please consider becoming an involved member of the PTA. Contact Jennifer Sharpe for more information email@example.com.